8.11.2009

Can't Take All The Credit!




At my BBQ on Saturday, my friends all loved my outdoor little centerpieces. (You can double click on the images above to get a better view.)  Everyone thought how creative the green peas looked in the pretty glass jars illuminated with small fragrant white and sage candles.  I took a few pics of one of the arrangements.  I love how it looks near the hydrangea on my kitchen table.  (See Above) 
Well I have to give credit where credit is due.  My dear friend and mentor Susan Taylor from Black Eyed Susan's in Yardley PA (see her link at the bottom of my blog as one of my favorites.)  I learned that little trick at one of her evening seminars that I am so fond of going with my two other "Partner's in Design Crime"  Lisa and KC. 
 
Above is Susan herself sitting with one of her clients and my dear friends KC and Lisa.  (I'm the one taking the pic)  Susan's store is absolutely amazing as you can see a glimpse from my picture. If I didn't have a husband or kids I think I would be Susan's assistant 24/7.  It would just be so much fun just to follow her around on all her design adventures.  
Hey wait a minute!  Can you say reality series on one of the design networks?  Anyone have Mark Burnette's number I can get?  (Hee Hee)
 I also must give credit to KC and Lisa who are incredible gifted and talented designing women as well and whom I might never make another design move without consulting them first.  KC has done most of my home through Ethan Allen Interior design and has given me a few years now of her expert advice and wonderful friendship.  We also share a love for our gardens and our David Austin Roses.  
Lisa and I have shared countless nights on the phone trying to figure out what christmas color scheme or theme we might decide to explore.  Frantic trips to Feeneys, and countless other stores including Black Eyed Susans, tearing up receipts from our husbands and hiding shopping bags full of more christmas decor while trying to convince our husbands that we've had those packed away for years.  (Yeah Right)

Here are close ups of Susan's lovely table top ideas using the lovely sweet pea color green.  
All I can say is Lovely!  When I'm with any of these ladies I think to myself " Martha Who?"

0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...