If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.


Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sunset Cottage


We have spent most of our summer at our summer home in Cape May.  I can't believe August has come to a close already.  
This week I had one of my best friends who hadn't come out to the house join us for a night on her way to Newburyport, Mass.  The poor thing spent close to 10 hours on a bus just to spend one night with us so that she could get ideas for her new home in upstate New York.  
Here is Alexie.  We spent hours looking through numerous Country Living, Better Homes and Garden, Traditional Home for ideas for her new home.  I'm so happy for her.  We had a blast even though it was only for a short time. I introduced her to one of my favorite stores, Across The Way (shown above)  We found wonderful things.
And after she left I found a great buy on my own.  This lovely rocker from my favorite Wicker place to go perfectly with my dinning room decor.  I love it.  Also have a new favorite restaurant, The Black Duck.  Amazing Food.  Lovely! 
Spent time looking for sea glass and relaxing.  Matt was constantly swimming and being tossed by the ocean until he could hardly stand.  He even got a little sick from the intense sun due to his inability to come out and take a break.  Once he's in, he's in.
These birds above I like to call "The Nuns"  Because if you look at them closely, it looks like they are dressed in a habit.  Funny huh!  WEll every morning at our fav spot they congregate and stand perfectly still as they look towards the ocean.  
If you watch them it can be a very spiritual experience.  How can some people think that animals and creatures aren't aware of God?  I felt as if these birds were in praise and Awe of something greater than themselves.  It was as if they needed to come to this spot to honor their creator before getting one with their daily adventure.  How wonderful and amazing God's creations are?  How blessed am I to witness so much.  

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh, I'm loving the Cape May house! How lucky, indeed!! It looks like a perfectly beautiful retreat.

I love your thoughts on the birds! I couldn't agree more. Every part of our existance is a gift from God and I feel just like a kindred spirit when you speak of it. Great observation and photo.

I have an appointment in a week in Cape May. I'll try to drive by and take a first hand peek! I think we need a design brainstorming sleepover!!!

Glad you're back, though. Just in time for Christmas setups!!! tee hee, it's true.