If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Tuesday, June 29, 2010

And On The 10th Day. . . It Is Finished. . .Well Almost. . .

I can't tell you how much I've cried today.  I woke up early and baked the second apple pie in 10 days that our Amish friends have had.  I had to pick up Matt at Basketball Camp and had to run out at 2pm.  At 2 one of the guys had just finished working on my fence up in the front which they so kindly reconstructed for us.  I told them how great it had come out and that I would be back.
I returned at 3:15 to find that my Barn was finished, and the guys were gone.  I didn't get a chance to hug them and tell them how much I had appreciated all they had done for us.  How I felt God's presence here since they had arrived, and how I knew this barn would be a blessing in our lives.  I didn't get a chance to say it to them.  I couldn't stop crying.  My husband was laughing on the phone because he couldn't believe how I felt. Amos, Mark, Sam, Steve were so wonderful.
Well I called the company and told them about what had happend and he said to me. . . " Do you want Amos's cell phone number?"  I thought that was too funny.  I said yes of course and called Amos and spoke to him and thanked him profusely and told him to tell the other guys how much I appreciated all they did.  Jane (their coordinator and assistant who is not Amish and I have gotten very friendly with, she is a lovely lady with lovely daughters) promised me she's gonna take me on a trip to go see them.  She knows their families.  Well I finally got a photo to show you. I hope they don't mind but I decided to post it.
Here is the final photo of the barn, Day 10 before the stone mason and painter comes.  The barn will have grey stone all around where you see the black on the bottom.  It will also be painted in white.  And we are still missing the cupola on the top.  

1 comment:

Alexie said...

Just beautiful. Unexpected blessings are the best!! May God bless Steve, Amos, Sam and Mark and all the Amish
Love you