If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Monday, September 13, 2010

Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbors Closet!!!








Closet number 1, not my closet.  Neither is 2, 3 or 4.  So I have been in closet mode for the past week taking out my fall clothes because it has been a bit nippy out.  Most of my things are in Space bags which I believe are not the greatest thing since Pez.  Your stuff never shrinks down like it says.  If I am going to space bag I want to see my 5 winter coats, 8 corduroys, 2 fleece robes and down comforter shrink down to the size of a box of cigarettes.  Is that too much to ask for?
Well one thing that helps closets shrink down a bit is these new velvet hangers from Bed bath and beyond.  You totally can squeeze 100 hanging items in your closet with these hangers and it is equivalent to 10 regular bulky plastic ones.  (Okay so I like to exaggerate, so sue me)
My closet is so small.  I have all of my things on the bottom and all of Rob's things on the top.  You think he would notice if every day I accidentally and carefully removed one item and put it in a convenient place like in his car or something.  Would he notice?

3 comments:

Susan said...

You're too funny! I have designed closets like those photos, they do exist!! But sadly, like you, I do not have one either...

Fred and I have separate closets, yet I have a good third and them some of his AND mine! And, the velvet hangars are a godsend. I love them! It is always a project when the fall/winter switch comes, and somehow the closet shrinks a bit with the onset of thick winter jackets...good thing I love winter!

Alexie said...

I just love the velvet hangers. I got mine in all black. The look so pretty. If I were you I would convert your new barn into a huge walk in closet and have the Amish build an enclosed pathway from your bedroom directly to it. Think about it...Totally doable and awesome : )
Love you

Jeannie said...

I think Alexie is on to something... start removing Rob"s stuff- but put it in the BARN!!!- LOL- you guys are too funny!