If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Saturday, October 16, 2010

We Gather Together




I don't know about all of you, but when this time comes around, late October, the leaves have all started to change and the winds have begun to howl, I immediately get into a nesting mode. I start thinking about wearing my boots, warm throws, crocheting, baking, eating comfort foods, making fires watching old movies and most of all I start thinking about Thanksgiving. And when I do, I am back in the fifth grade in Ms. Magliaris class singing We Gather Together. I hum it in my car, hum it while I cook. It just reminds me of so much and I truly love it. So enjoy this short video and sing a long with me.
Another thing I do every year during this time is watch an old episode of my favorite show of all time.  "Thirty-somethings" We Gather Together episode, where Hope wants to have her own quiet Thanksgiving with Michael and Janie, it being there first and all, but all there friends invite themselves and Hope ends up opening her house to have Thanksgiving at the Steadmans only to be plagued with a 24hour bug.  What I love about it is that Hope focuses on all the negative and it's not until she is delirious with fever does she have an outer body experience where she see's what Thanksgiving would be like if she wasn't in the picture.  I'm a lover of any story that is a take on It's A Wonderful Life.  One of my favorite movies of all time.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love that song, too! We stll sing it in my Church Choir.

Fall is my favorite time of year, and I can relate to all of the emotions and memories you speak of.

Enjoy the season and have wonderful memories of your sweet father. Fall. It's a wonderful life!