If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Fernish Ladies

Me, KC and Lisa
On Thursday night, Lisa, KC and I were invited to an open house where "The Fernish Ladies" where showcasing some of there antiques and finds.  I had received a flyer in my mailbox about an incredible home that is on the market.  The owner and a friend run a little antique refurnishing business right from the properties carriage house.  Well we were intrigued!
As you can see, the house was absolutely breathtaking.  It was built in the late 1700's and then added on to it.  The ceilings were all grand and the rooms were huge and spectacular.  Velvet draperies and bevelled french doors opened out to small verandas.  The front porch was large and wide and the house glowed in the evening.  I can't stop thinking about it and how sad Sue, the owner must be to leave it.  If those walls could speak, I wonder what they'd say.  How many families have lived there and how many parties were held there.  I can just imagine the rooms all aglow and the music playing (I see a string quartet)  Lisa, KC and I walked through the hallways and into the bedrooms.  There were three floors.  I learned, thanks to KC what a "witches closet" is.  Never knew.  We were able to buy a few things that were tagged.  Of course what I wanted wasn't tagged.  I went antiquing this weekend, my birthday weekend with my husband to Lambertville.  Although I saw great things, nothing impacted me as this house.  I can only imagine what it must look like for Christmas.  
So sorry I didn't bring my camera.  We honestly didn't know what to expect.  It was a delightful evening with my delightful friends.  

1 comment:

Susan said...

Happy, happy birthday cutie! And, I would never suspect that you are a grand 45. No way!

Someday, I'm going to have a life that lends itself to keeping and celebrating all of my fine friend's birthdays. You'll be on the list.

I love you. susan