12.10.2010

My Favorite picks for the Holiday Season

If I could recommend anything to give a good friend or a wife or a sister I would recommend two of my favorite things.  One is a design book and the other is a Christmas CD.
My favorite book that I love to nestle with and look at and read and get inspired on a cold night with a cup of tea and a throw or afghan over my lap (and probably Rudy or Wally sleeping at my feet or lap as well) is Winter House by Charlotte Moss.  Her words are inspiring and the photos of her home are uplifting and sweet and elegant and comforting.
This is one of my favorite quotes from the book.
                     "To express the things of the spirit in visible form" It's my belief that our spirits are most
honestly expressed not by sofas, curtains, and carpets, but by the stack of favorite mysteries and gardening books on a side table, flowers on the windowsill, or porcelains displayed in the dining room.  These "telling details" - our objects, bibelots, whatnots, and knickknacks- say the most about who we
are.  They are as honest as a diary."  Charlotte Moss

The second is the James Taylor Christmas CD.  My ultimate favorite.  It is not only beautiful but spiritual as well.  Perfect for a cold Christmas Eve.  

0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...