If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Friday, January 7, 2011

New Project, New Year

So we are building a study for my husband.  (It's really just an excuse to decorate right, but don't tell him that.  We want him to think it's for him.)
The Amish are building it.  We should know in a week or two if we have been approved for it by the historical society, because our home is part of it.  I pray we will or all the furniture I already picked out is going to stay on paper and not become real.
Thanks to my friend Kc and her expertise, I have found everything.
Theme:  Christmas Green velvet couch (Kc helped me find a velvet that was close not exactly what I wanted but as close as could be) and some plaid to tie in navy and maybe cranberry.  God willing we will have our new amish friends built in shelves and we want old refurbished wide plank flooring, very rustic and farm house like.  And my favorite part (God willing - I always have to say that because life is so unpredictable and without God's help, where would we be?) a Stone fireplace.  I thought it would tie in nicely with the outside addition being a grey stone as well.
I actually bought a garland from BES when she had the 60 percent off sale on all christmas purposely for that mantle.
I'm excited.  I will blog the process like I did the barn.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I have some super cool ideas rolling around in my head and if you can have a tiny bit of patience (!) I'll have a minute to get some things into your hands!

I want to see the sofa fabric to help me with drapery ideas...come on, you have some time to wait for a few ideas...