6.30.2011

It's That Time Again!

My Fried Green Tomato Obsession Time.
So these are my tomato plants.  So as you know, if you read my blog (not too many out there do, but that's okay) We are building our study (well they will be starting in 2 weeks, septic issues, but all done.)
So my Veggie garden is no more.  I always have to plant tomatos in the summer.  So I decided to plant them in pots.  Well I bought a few plants and planted them.  A week later, strolling though my  Veggie Garden (what's left of it.  Weed Galore, since I never tilled the soil or planted anything) To my surprise, tomato plants everywhere.  AHHH!  I need 4 pots to plant everything.
Part of my Veggie garden that I can show.  There is one tomato plant hiding here.  It's crazy.  I must have 15 tomato plants.
Anyway, Two years back, my husband and I did the "Nicholas Sparks Tour" Traveling around the outer banks and a few places in North Carolina starting with his home town of New Bern.

We ate at the Chelsee Restaurant which was Lovely.  And I was smitten with the chef's recipe of his own rendition of Fried Green Tomatoes my fav.  I called him up after I got home to find out what was the secret.  He was so charming and southern and said "I can't tell you but you can guess."  Well I wound up guessing most of it and then he told me the secret.  I will tell you too.  


Okay so I sliced my absolutely beautiful green tomatos.

Seasoned equal parts of cornmeal and flour with substantial amount of coarse salt an a pinch of black pepper.  Then took milk and egg batter, seasoned that too with salt for dipping.

So the secret ingredients for garnish were fresh mozzarella and a puree of a poached pear and pureed basil.  Yummy in my tummy.
Here is the finished product.  To Die For!!!!!!!!

This is the creation of a 5 star chef who incorporated the perfect flavors and infused them ever so perfectly with the green tomato.  Ahhhhhh!  Delightful.  Enjoy!

0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...