If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Thursday, June 23, 2011

Symmetry is Back and So Is BES Classes

I was so excited not to miss Accessorizing 101 Susan Taylor's summer class.  I have unfortunately missed a few already and I definitely did not want to miss this one.  My friend Kc and I were excited to attend and we found wonderful new things.  We also found out a few new rules of thumb to follow in todays chic decor.
1. Symmetry is back!  No way!  It took me about three years to stop looking at everything as if I could fold the page and learn to think in three's and odds etc.  Now everything is symmetrical.  Ahhhhh!.
2. Chartreuse is the new black.
3. Succulence and Moss are the must have's items when accessorizing.
4. Layering is a must.

We learned so much in the class and I tried as best as I could to document everything.  So sit back and scroll.
I love this piece of furniture that serves as an extra mantle.  After all it is all about having places to put things isn't it?
The two ivory vases I bought with the greenery for my mantle.  

This table reminds me of the Nell Hill table I just purchased for our study.  

I love how Susan layered these two framed photos and I love the paleness in color next to the stone.  Our fireplace for the study is going to be stone as well, I like this idea.

So here we go with the symmetry.

Love this lamp, the inside has these gorgeous birds.

Gotta love the orange!

I love the symmetry here.

This table is truly spectacular.  I love all the earthy elements in decor, the stones, the plants and ferns and leaves.

Another lovely table.


This is my favorite color green.  It just pops.

This table was so heavy and beautiful.  My camera didn't do it justice.  It is an off white.  Like sand.

This seafoam color of these lamps were exquisite.


My partner in crime, KC.

I'm so mad this came out so dark.  




This mirror above the mantle is absolutely amazing.  I want it so bad, I just need to get a bigger house to get it.  Hee Hee.






This couch is simply to die for, the color the texture and I love the pillows.  And Yeah, nail heads.  My new couch has nailheads too.


I love these fabrics and textures.  How they compliment each other is Divine.



Okay so these are Susan's shoes.  I love them so much I had to take a photo.

This was my favorite chair.  

I think this pretty much sums Susan's philosophy along with Mae West's.

And here is the chartreuse color.  Lovely!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Wow!! What a fabulous review! You're too cute. I loved having you and Kc as well, and hope you will be around for more to come.

You spotlighted all my favorite things as well!

And, darn good thing I had a recent pedicure! Tee hee.