8.26.2011

The Calm before the Storm

For those of you who truly know me, you know that I have an obsession with the sea and the beach.  I am empowered by the ocean and feel most alive when I am by it's side.  The smell, the sound, the feel all  mesmerize me into a peaceful state of being.
But as much as I admire, worship and am fixated with it I also respect it's great power and strength.  I am fearful of it's mystery and am humbled by it's magnitude.
We are getting ready for a hurricane and although I am away from the ocean at home, my sweet dear home in Cape May remains close to my heart.  We are six blocks from the beach.  It was evacuated last night and my husband and I were planning to go today to close everything properly.  Now the island is closed.
Dear Lord, bless my home and all those homes that are in arms way of the  hurricane force that is about to arrive.  Keep all those who live by the sea safe from harm and cast your shield over all who have no other place to seek shelter and safety. Amen.

0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...