If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.


Saturday, August 13, 2011

Peaceful Days

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So, throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream. 

Discover.
-Mark Twain- 

I love this quote from Mark Twain.  I saw it in three places this week and decided that it should be the theme of my post.  We went away again to our house in Cape May.  AHHHHHHH!  That's all I can say.  I could stay there the entire summer.  But I am torn between two loves.  My home , my land, my gardens, my things, and my beach, my house, simplicity, my things, the sound of the seagulls, falling asleep to the sounds of the ocean.  These are all part of me and when I'm home, I miss the other.  I feel guilty all the time, how is it that I have been blessed to have a place to stay in two perfect spots that I love.  I also know I'm blessed and I feel thankful and humbled by my gifts.  
I guess life is about feeling torn at times.  One is never truly balanced I guess.  Hmmm.
When we go...  this is what we like to do. . . 

We love to go out for breakfast.  This is our favorite spot although there are so many to choose from.  Matt loves Zoe's.  I do too but there is something about coming here that has a life of it's own.  
Then it's all about the Beach.  That's the only place I want to be.  Someone else loves it too!

 Cape May is the first and oldest beach destination in the country.  It is known for it's victorian charm and historic homes and streets.  A few places seem to take you back in time.

I love Congress Hall, built in the 1900's.  Here's an old photo of Congress Hall and it's staff.



We try to walk the boardwalk at night as much as we can.  Nothing better than walking for over a mile after dinner with the ocean breeze at your side.  I can't explain how wonderful it makes me feel and after a long walk I have no trouble sleeping at night.  
I enjoy visiting the little shops Cape May has to offer, but sometimes it's just as much fun watching everyone enjoying themselves strolling through the mall.  Here is Matt and my mom enjoying a little fresh air.  
There is one of our favorite places to eat, Tisha's the most amazing risotto, mushroom and lobster yum!  And of course, Dairy queen.  Hee Hee.  What can I say, Life is short.  

1 comment:

Cote de Texas said...

I've never been here, but it looks so beautiful!! The architecture is incredible.

ok - I saw your comment on my "secret" twilight blog! oy. shhhh. don't tell any of the cote de texas readers! ahahah!!!!

Joni