If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.


Thursday, August 18, 2011

To Be Inspired!

I recently was inspired by this bedroom in the pottery barn catalog.  A few years ago I had my curtains and bedspread done by Ethan Allen.  Beautifully done!  Remember a few years ago when every bed was shiny and satiny?  Well that's what I got.  After a while you look at it and say, it's a bit too fancy for every day.  I know I know it's crazy.  I don't think I will ever do that again.
I went to Susan's class the other night with my friend KC and Susan was talking about the same thing, being locked into something when you go with whats the latest.  She was saying that she has these fancy draperies made and now she wants to change everything and she feels bad because window treatments as we all know can be very expensive.
Okay so this was my room before except, unfortunately I can't find my photos of the bed with the EA bedspread and all the satin pillows I had.  I can't find it in my iphoto.  (Honestly sometimes looking for photos on my computer can make me cockeyed and give me a headache so I opted for one.  It shows the window treatments along with my settee that I am trying to have reupholstered.  (spell check on reupholstered)
My son promised me he's going to take a decent photo of my room in the morning.  But I will post this partial pic I took today.  Not the greatest lighting.  But I absolutely love my bed and room now even more.
Here is a side view of the pillows (8) and the duvet.  I love it!  We had our room painted in Benjamin Moore Bleecker Beige HC-80  Which I love!  We took out the silver sagey green that I had.  I figured I want a neutral base so that whenever I want to switch colors and accessories I can and it won't clash.
Ordered my linen curtains that I will have in a week.  They match the bedskirt which I will post in the morning after Tim takes a decent pic.  It's calm and peaceful and not heavy at all.



1 comment:

Alexie said...

Totally love this new look!