If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"How Long Are You Going To Stare At That Photo?"

So aside from cooking, taking care of my home, driving my son places, laundry, ironing, taking care of my mom, food shopping, taking care of two dogs, taking care of my garden, being a mother to two sons and a wife to a husband who has his own buisness and travels alot, manage two blogs,  learning how to play piano and having a lesson once a week (don't wait until your 45 to do this like I did) and trying to get my books published, working with an editor and attempting to have quiet time before it's time to sleep again, my favorite thing to do when I'm relaxing is look at design books and/or magazines for ideas on how to decorate my home and make it my sanctuary.
Aside from anything Mary Carol Garrity has published, Carolyne Roehm, Post Wordly Martha (when she was humble Martha with only a few books) (Okay scratch that, she was never humble Martha)
I love looking at Pottery Barn Catalogs, Frontgate catalogs and Ballards Home Decor and a few design blogs that I follow.   These are some of the things I look at and to be honest, they make me crazy!  (In a good way)

Last year after looking at these magnificent tablescapes and holiday decor I decided, since I wasn't having my yearly Christmas party due to my father's recent passing, to make a "Harvest Dinner" for my sisters/friends and their families.  I have seven women in my life that I have known since I was about 14.  We have been friends ever since.  I call them my sisters.  So I thought alright, I want to do something different.  I want to have a sit down dinner.  "What?"  Rob said. (My husband)
Now we are talking 40 people sitting down at a table in one room.
You know that we did it.  With 6 long 8ft tables.  Then I decorated the tables beautifully with candles and matching festive leaf decorations and lovely plates that I ordered from Pottery Barn, and the glasses and the silverware.  Kaching!  Yeah, I know.  But looking at these teasers, I like to call them, drive me crazy.  

Take for instance the yearly Frontgate Catalog that comes every year to announce the Christmas Season.  It makes me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!Look at this!  Don't you want to do this?
Who doesn't.  Now I don't have a huge home nor do I have monster high ceilings, but I have managed to fit 8 trees in my house, most of them fully decorated.
Ahhhh!  I'm tired just thinking about it.  After all it's only the end of September.  But today, guess what came in the mail.  You guessed it.  Pottery Barn and Frontgate's teaser catalogs with these lovely tablescapes and room decor previews.


I have every frongate Christmas catalog saved. I go through them every year.  I save a few Pottery Barn as well that have a holiday theme.
I look through them over and over, during my quiet times, usually late evening around 11pm.
And if that's not all, and if your like me, Mary Carols Two Christmas books are a must have and to seriously die for them.  Often my sons have said to me, "How many times are you gonna look at the same book?"  Funny.  But that's what I do.
Look at Mary Carol's Dinning Room all decked out for the Holidays!  Aye, note to self, change all the chairs to white now.
It's crazy what happens to me during the "Holiday Tridium"  I like to call it.  October, November and December.
Yikes, this weekend it all begins again. . .
Oh well, it could be worse.  I could be into something scarier, like politics!  Hee Hee

3 comments:

Beeutiful by Design said...

So we need pics of your lovely dinner! I look at the pics too. DH and i are cleaning out the office and there are tons of old Victoria, Southern Lady, etc. magazines. He doesn't get why I look at them year after year.

Susan@besusan.com said...

Yes, I feel much the same! Only about a week and a half before the big Holiday setup at Black-eyed Susan! Ohhhhhhhhh!

The end result makes all the crazy work in the week all worthwhile. I'm sure I'll be seeing you soon after it's set up!

Pretty photos and they help me to get inspired to start down the road to Christmas.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, I do the same thing, look at the same photo over and over. lol.. I'm trying to decide how to decorate the shop for the Holiday Open House, that's right around the corner.
I've put the word out about the comment section a few others have had the same problems I've tried to contact google to find out what to do.. I've done some things on my end, hopefully that fixes the issue. Not everyone is having the problem. I tell ya girl it's always something.. lol. Hope you're having a super w/k. hugs ~lynne~