10.07.2011

Comfort Food, Nothing More Comforting

Yesterday we found out we had lost two family members.  My dearest Uncle Gabo who lived in Mckinney Texas (My mom's last living brother) and my father's nephew, my aunt's last remaining child, she lost two others, now George.  My mother is extremely sad.  We all are and I wanted to make something healing.  I had ripped this out of Better Homes about a week ago.  I decided to make it today.
 I browned the pork chops in a skillet with a little olive oil, dipped them in egg and salt and then home made bread crumbs.
Now the recipe said apples, but it said if you have more time use butternut squash, well I love them both so I used both.  So glad I did.  

Look at That!  Isn't it Lovely!  Doesn't it say Autumn and Comfort.  
I made a side of egg noodles.  Yum.  Those are spinach leaves by the way.  Loved it!  Will make it over and over again.

Called Pork Chops, Apples & Greens
4 boneless pork chops/ I used 5 and went to my butcher and got really thick ones and cut them in half.
3 slices of bread/ I used 5 and then you pulse it in your cuisinart
1/4 cup honey (doubled)
2 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard (doubled)
2 Tbsp. Cider vinegar (doubled)
2 cooking apples, cored and sliced/and or butternut squash
baby spinach (as much as you'd like)

Dip in egg with 1/4 salt then bread each chop
4 min on each side of a skillet with 2 tbs olive oil
(Now I then placed mine in a baking dish and placed in oven 400 degrees for 20 minutes)
The magazine says to serve just after the skillet.  I don't eat pink pork, you can do that, I chose to bake them.  
Meanwhile in same skillet with drippings, add honey, mustard, vinegar and butternut squash and apples.
(I added a pinch of salt and pinch of nutmeg)
*Magazine said if you use butternut squash to add nutmeg.
Then when they were tender I added the baby spinach for a few seconds and then I poured everything on top of the pork chops.  
YUMMY!


0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...