10.02.2011

Inventory

So I was moving some things around yesterday.  I don't have a huge foyer, which pains me because I have always wanted a large entry where I could put a lovely chair and table and a lovely light fixture.  But I have made my own magic and constantly attempt to change things just a bit.  
At least once a week I do what I call a "walk through" in my house.  Now honestly I walk a million times around my house a day but I'm not always taking inventory.  
I look at a room and say to myself "Hmmm, how can I change this to make it look different?  Or "What can I add or subtract to make this space look a certain way?"
My husband has always feared those days.  He gives me a look when I'm standing in a corner with one finger to my lip and I go "Hmmmm".  He knows.
He's also used to going away (my husband travels alot) on a business trip and finding a room painted a different color or a room totally changed around.  I have always done that.  
More often than not it has been successful.  And then there have been doozies!  Like when I decided to paint my deck with the wrong kind of paint.  Yikes!  Did the entire thing.  It looked great until the temp reached 85 degrees and the paint started to bubble.
Oh well!  Lets not focus on the negative shall we.
So the table you see there (the half moon) is really from my livingroom.  I had wanted to purchase Mary Carol's table that I saw when I was in Kansas.
This is the table.  I wanted it for that corner of the foyer.  This one would fit better.  But I believe it's out of stock.  I'm going to call on Monday and find out the dimensions.  
Anywho, I was rearranging the formal living room when I decided to remove the demilune table out.
I like having a table in the front foyer where I can switch the monthly and season themes so that when my guests enter they can immediately see a welcoming sign of my home.

I moved my little Townhouse table to the corner.  I love it here. I placed my favorite blue and white collectables and two lovely blue books that I love.  and I am once again enamored with my re-invented, re-configured room.  
You should try it!  Really.  It's fun.  A quick fix when you have an itch for change.


3 comments :

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi Lee, I "love" your changes. How fortunate you have a foyer. Girl, I don't even have that. lol.. Make do though I have a smaller table by the front door, lamp etc. I hope you find the dimensions for the table from Mary Carol and can get it shipped..Even though I have a gift shop and love to buy wholesale instead of retail, she carries so many different things than I do.. I'm struggling with finishing the walls in the sun porch.. want to head to Briarcliff soon.. hope you're having a super w/k. hugs ~lynne~

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Shoot!! I forgot to tell you I love the mirror leaning on the little table.. hugs ~lynne~

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Beautiful changes, Lee!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...