If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Putting Things In Perspective. . .

There's a moment when you are confronted with something so devastating that it makes you stop, look and re-evalutate you life.  I'm sure all of us have had moments like that.  Where you take a look around and think, "that can wait, it's not important."
Yesterday was a very difficult day and I stopped.   I haven't been able to cry in months and months, I've lost count but yesterday, I was overwhelmed with emotion for two reasons.  Spoke to a dear friend whose father's health is failing.  I've known him for a very long time and speaking to her brought back so many painful memories of what I went through not even 2 years ago with my father.
Then, a friend of my son's lost his brother to a tragic car accident on Saturday night.  He was 22 and I knew his mother.  She and I exchanged christmas cookies and spoke about our favorite things to create around christmas time and Thanksgiving.  We debated on different stuffing preferences and although she is not a close friend, she is a woman I came to know and admire her enjoyable and joyous personality.
A mother of 4 who spoke to me about baking pies on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  Tomorrow is the day before Thanksgiving and I can not fathom what she must be feeling.  I know the debth of my intense love for my sons can not be described.  So I can only imagine. . .
It has made me step back from everything and pause.
Pause for contemplation.
Pause for thanksgiving
Pause for forgiveness
and pause for becoming humbled by the unpredictability of life and the force that controls all.
We should all take a moment to pause. . .
I am speechless at the thought of her pain and her families and all I can do is pause and be still.
Let us remember that all in life is but momentary, all preparations, things, family and friends, they are with us for moments.  Let's cherish the moments.  Pray for this family . . . Pray for Ann.

4 comments:

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh sweetie, wish I was there to give you a big 'ole hug.. I'm not sure why life is so challenging at times, but it sure is.. I understand not crying, haven't in a very long time. Mr. P needs for me to be strong... I'm so for the loss of the young man, I cannot imagine what his family is going through.. many prayers for the family during this time.. From our home to yours Happy Thanksgiving..
hugs ~lynne~

Windlost said...

Yes, loss - immense loss like these - puts every silly thing into perspective. I like that you are so conscious - so many aren't! xo T.

Susan@besusan.com said...

Prayer is a serious portal to comfort and gives one the strength to carry on. Early life is full of challenges and enduring to the end is our Heavenly Father's will and expectation of us.

I will pray for Ann and her family.

You are a strong and fine woman of faith. Prayers will be answered.

Gratitude is powerful and humbling.

I love your perspective and have the tenderest of feelings for you, your family and your friends. I'm happy to be among them. I am thankful for you in my circle of friends.

Karla said...

I, too, had these very same thoughts this week. A couple from my church was in a fatal car accident on the way home from their daughter's wedding. The couple was just 49 & 50 years old (I am 46). This was so tragic & it hit me hard, even though I did not know them well. This past year I have been treating breast cancer, and I know this couple was praying for me (my whole church has been). They were perfectly healthy people, but God chose to take them - it was their time. Life is too short - live each day to the fullest. Just know I am think of you & praying for Ann.