12.07.2011

Making A List And Checking it Twice. . .

Okay so today is Wednesday, my yearly Christmas party is Saturday (I usually have 45 to 50 people attending) and Rob is in Los Angeles for the week.  When does he return?  Friday evening.  By then I will have done almost all of my things on my list.  Here is my list.
Lisa's List
1. Plan Menu (Baked Ham, Beef Tenderloin in Madeira wine, Pork Shoulder.  These are just the main entree meats, not included all the hordevours, sides and desserts I make myself)
2. Go food shopping (Two legal pad pages double rows, front side)
3. Go to party store, buy burners, tins, etc.
4. Decorate home for Christmas
5.Make outside urns with fresh greens
6.Finish Christmas cookies (I send 6 boxes to my sons school and save some for home and party.
                Made 5 kinds this year)


The above are all done except for item 5.


Lisa's List for Friday, Night Before Party
l. Bake desserts 
2. Prepare all the hordevours (I have about 8)
3. Cut up any veggies or cheeses in advance
4. Charge camera battery
5. Place sing a long books out on the table 
Lisa's List for Sat Morning
l. Cook Meats
2. Cook hordevours
3. Set up table with burners
4. Create Coffee Station
5. Create Fondue Station
6. Prepare Punch
7. Check List
8. Take dogs to Petsmart hotel
9. Set up dessert table
10. Set up cheese and crackers and antipasto board
11. Shower and dress before company arrives at 1pm.


I'm exhausted just reading this.






 So I've been kinda busy.  Made all my cookies and frosted them last night.  Took them to school today and gave the boxes out.  Made a meal for the family who lost their son.  Didn't get to see Anne, but left the dinner on the front porch.  It's early evening and I feel like it's midnight.  Can't wait to go to bed.
Decorated our Christmas tree on Sunday and Monday of this week.
And thankfully, tomorrow is Thursday.  Rob will be home in one day and then I can relax because I will have some help.  But by then, I will probably have finished my list.  







4 comments :

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, I'm sure glad I was sitting down reading your list.. you wore me out. lol.. I'm a list maker too, we don't have parties any longer, Mr. P just can't handle on the noise and activity. Your cookies look so yummmmmmmyyy... The tree shot is beautiful, anxious to see more.
hugs ~lynne~

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Oh my goodness. Wow, what a list you have!

I have just spent a few minutes looking back over your Christmas decorating. It is gorgeous. I love your take on MCG's stairway!!

Mary Velez said...

We had a fabulous time at the annual Christmas extravaganza . You are an amazing hostess. Your house was beautiful and the food was delicious. Thank you for always making it soooooooo special. Love u Mary

Mary Velez said...

We had a fabulous time at the annual Christmas extravaganza . You are an amazing hostess. Your house was beautiful and the food was delicious. Thank you for always making it soooooooo special. Love u Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...