If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Comfort & Joy & Curtains

I wanted to take a photo of my two newest curtains that I absolutely love.  They have brought me much comfort and warmth especially this week when we had the snow and the temperatures dropped in the teens.  Below are my family room curtains.  My house is an older home and although we have been restoring it and renovating for years, it can be drafty in the winter so I wanted insulated curtains that would keep us warm but at the same time look pretty.  These are from Pottery Barn.

I paired them with my older lace curtains that I cherish.  I have had these on in the family room forever and in the spring and summer they are the only curtains on my windows.  
These curtains are from Curtainworks.  I fell in love with them when I saw them on one of my favorite blogs a country farmhouse.  She had them in the baby's room and they looked lovely.  I had been looking for something like them for quite sometime.  She posted where they were from and I went on the website.  (I don't know how to do the link where you can just click and go there, so sorry but its' curtainworks.  If anyone knows how to do that please let me know.)

Feeling cold always makes me want to eat something comforting for supper.  I had gotten this wonderful book from Williams Sonoma.
It's truly wonderful.  Today I decided to make my very first chicken pot pie.  
Yummy.  Not only did I make it in less than 45 minutes but I ate it the minute it came out of the oven and burned my tongue.  So I highly recommend that you wait until it cools.  But I just couldn't.  


 I was so proud of the way it came out.  Lovely and delicious.  The perfect dinner for a cold evening.
I even made the crust from page 248.  In under five minutes.  But I have a cuisinart don't know how long it would have taken if I didn't.  I've never made pie crust without it.  
The only thing I didn't use was Tarragon.  I bought it and then took it out because the smell of licorice or anise is too strong for me.  Don't like it and didn't want to infuse the flavor of it in my stock.  
But other than that it was perfect!



5 comments:

Susan@besusan.com said...

A beautiful accounting of inspiring things! Just like you.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Beautiful curtains, Lee.

The potpie looks absolutely wonderful. Perfect comfort food.

Alexie said...

Yummy :)

Anonymous said...

Feed me, please........

Windlost said...

I love those PB curtains and have seen them on a few blogs. I also recognize Trina's nursery curtains...both gorgeous and so suitable for an older home!

Lovely!

xo Terri