If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Sunday, January 29, 2012

Simple Scones

So if your anything like me, on a winter's night, there is nothing better than enjoying something sweet with a cup of your favorite tea or coffee.  Today I made scones.  My sons love them and we enjoy them with some of our favorite Strawberrry or Raspberry Jam and a Hot comforting drink.
I am always on an endless search for the best scone recipes.  (So if you happen to have one please send it to me.)  This is an Alton Brown recipe that I added some sugar and vanilla.  I like my scones sweet (not too sweet but enough to compliment your choice of drink.)
Thought you might want my recipe
2 cups of flour
2 teasp of baking powder
3/4 teasp of salt
1/4 to 1/2 cup of sugar (I used 1/2)
4 tbs of butter
2 tbs shortening
3/4 heavy cream
1 egg
1/2 teasp of good vanilla extract
I place the ingredients in my food processor and pulse until I have the perfect dough.  Don't over pulse.  
lightly dust with flour and form into a disc.  Then I used a biscuit cutter to shape.  You can also cut them into triangles with a pastry cutter.
Convection 350/ reg 375
Bake for 15 minutes and the sprinkle with confectioners sugar and  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Alexie said...

Oh how I would love a warm scone and some hot cocoa right now!!

Anonymous said...

Feed me, please