If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Saturday, April 28, 2012

You Had To See It To Believe It!!!!!

So this morning, my husband had to be in NYC very early in the morning, (work related) so I was assigned the morning coffee run.  I know what your thinking, why doesn't she make her own coffee at home?
Well I am addicted to Starbucks and I don't mind going 5 miles in the morning to get a fresh vanilla latte that I don't have to make.  
Anywho, as I was walking out of my home into the carport I heard a few sounds coming from my truck.  

This is my car.  I have a Ford Expedition and as you can see the tires and truck itself are huge.
When I followed the noise I realized it had been coming from my tire and low and behold there was a long furry tail whipping frantically from inside my tire.  I could see the furry thing and then it was gone.  
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
So I started to hit the side of the car and even kick the tire and nothing.  I opened my door and jumped inside and closed the door immediately and started the engine.  Everything seemed fine.  I rotated the tires with the wheel to the left and to the right checking that my furry friend had checked out.  
All was clear and I pulled our of my car port and drove slowly up to my mailbox.  Everything seemed fine.  I stopped for a few seconds and then I made the right turn unto the road.  As soon as I accelerated a bit I began to hear this gittery sound and then a clanging.  It happened a few times and then there was nothing.  I couldn't stop on any of our roads, they are old country roads that don't have a shoulder to stop and check.  But the noise had stopped. 
I immediately called my husband and told him.  To which he quickly dismissed my theory (like all husbands would) saying, "no, I"m sure it got spooked and jumped right out of your tire before you pulled away.  You will be fine!"
Uhhhhh Huh!
So I decided to pull into our town's gas station.  There was a young man attending and came right to the window.  
This is what happend next:
"Hi, can I help you." He said.
"I have a strange request."  I said.
He looked at me for a second and then leaned in.
"Can you check under my hood.  I believe there might be a squirrel inside." 
He looked at me and laughed.  I then began to tell him about what had happend and how I had actually seen the squirrels tail.
He looked and smiled and said "Sure."
I yelled out from the window.  "Be careful!"
And then he gave me the typical guy look.  You know that universal guy look that means the same thing in every country.  "Please, I"m a man!"
I pulled the hook inside to release the hood.
He then reached in and clicked that thingy that your supposed to squeeze to open the hood.
I watched from inside.
He lifted the hood and in one milisecond jumped back and dropped the hood as the squirrel let out squeeky sounds and ran deeper into my hood.  
All I heard was "Holy S*@T"
I'm thinking "Hmmmmm, so who didn't believe me?"
This is an actual picture of me inside watching the guy who is to my right behind the rosary beads. 
He said that he saw the startled terrified little face of this creature and he had never seen anything or experienced anything like that before.  It was his first.  
We laughed.
We spent at least 15 minutes hitting and turning on and off the ignition and honking the horn.  We never saw it leave or jump out.  I was able to drive home and park my truck back under the carport but I left the hood open so that my furry friend can make it's way out.  I'm waiting for Rob to return home so that he can have a detailed look.
But the one thing I kept thinking of was, what if the little guy did get out at the gas station without our knowledge, his home and family are here.  Will he find his way back home?  

You had to see it to believe it!



8 comments:

AntiqueChase said...

WOW, that was freaky just reading it!

Jeannie said...

I am crying from laughing- I would have paid to see that guys face!!!!

Windlost said...

oh dear, what a poor little creature. living around humans is so hard. :)

xo terri

Windlost said...

oh dear, what a poor little creature. living around humans is so hard. :)

xo terri

Mary said...

Hysterical! At least it wasn't field mice trying to make a home in your hood like they did to my car. They ended chewing some padding. Hopefully it is not hurt.
Love your blog!

Mary said...

Hysterical! At least it wasn't field mice trying to make a home in your hood like they did to my car. They ended chewing some padding. Hopefully it is not hurt.
Love your blog!

Susan@besusan.com said...

Holy Moly! Two nuts! Hope you got off to a good day in NYC and the squirrel went back to his business...too funny!

Lee said...

Thank you mary