If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Thursday, September 20, 2012

Autumn Mantle

So I did a little change to my mantle to welcome the new season.  I find that I like my mantle simple.
My mantle in the Summer looked like this.

I wanted to emphasize the white.  I added a bit more today for the fall.
I placed two of my botanicals up with a lovely little blue pumpkin I purchased at Black Eyed Susan's.  
I know there are endless possibilites but I wanted to keep it simple.  
Mary Carol posted some of her ideas for mantles on her blog.  Lovely ideas.  I think what's important for all of us (and believe me it's very hard for me to admit) that true style is learning from others, becoming a student of everything and incorporating the bits and pieces of all that we learn with what we most love.  
I recently told one of my dearest friends, KC who is an incredible designer, after she paid me a compliment, that I felt like all I did was copy what I saw.  I tend to do that.  And although it works, I am learning that tweaking things just a bit, or adding a little something dear, old, special to a set idea makes it unique.  I get obsessed with trying to duplicate what I spot at my designer friends houses or in a magazine and I am trying to grow and learn that I need to trust my instinct and be more flexible.

I wish to thank my 69 followers for joining my little blog.  I can't tell you how excited that has made me.  I appreciate every comment and feel blessed to be supported in my little weekly babble and venting hideaway.  
Thank you
xoxo
Lisa

P.S. Next post will be about my trip to Susan's home for her home tag sale.  I can't wait!  I will be taking my camera to the event to document everything I buy and even what I don't buy.  How fun!

3 comments:

BB said...

Love your mantel!

I agree with you. It's great to see what "the masters" do in decorating and then take what you learn and apply it using your own style. I love to look at everyone else's ideas; I learn so much, but, at the end of the day, I stay true to my own style.

Anyone can apply the basic decorating principles to whatever style they choose. That's what makes decorating so much fun!

Brenda

Julie said...

Have a great time shopping!

Susan@besusan.com said...

I feel like an absent-tee follower of late! My life is too busy...not good. I like following my favorite bloggers, and you certainly are one of them.

For me, I'll be happy to see a bit more on the fall mantle!! What can I say, I'm not much of a minimalist! Even with the trends towards modernism, "I must have my trinkets"!!

Can't wait to see you at the sale! I have some things with "your name on it" so to speak!

xo