If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Thursday, September 6, 2012

Nell Hill's Fall Open House Tour

OMGOSH!  I wish I could be there this weekend.  If you don't know what I'm talking about then you must not know who Mary Carol Garrity is.  And if you don't please look her up in my blog, on line, facebook, go to her website that is easy on my blog just click on Nell Hill icon.  Nell Hill is her store name, named after her beloved grandmother.

Every year Mary Carol who is the most amazing designer, and she has the most wonderful, beautiful and helpful decor books on the planet, has an open house at her home.  I believe she has them 3 times a year.  One in the spring, then in the fall which is this weekend and then for Christmas.
I went to the fall one last year.  It was absolutely spectacular and I shall never forget it for the rest of my life. Here are a few photos.  For the entire story and trip diary look for my blog post. "I'm not in Kansas Anymore."
 Here I am with Mary Carol.  She was a sweet and lovely as can be.



In my opinion, one of the most beautiful homes in Amercia.  Inside and Out.  If you have a chance to take a trip to Atchison Kansas, Please do!  It was wonderful.  I learned so much.  I think part of me will always be there.

4 comments:

Windlost said...

OMG - what a house! A real decor goddess. Lovely photos!! I would love to see her home in person.
xo Terri

Lynn said...

I flew from CA to Kansas for two of MC's open houses....one was her fall tour and the other was Christmas. Between the house tour, chatting with MC, and shopping in Atchison I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. She is simply AMAZING! I plan to go back in another year and until then, her fabulous blog will just have to "do." Thanks for sharing your pics! Lynn

BB said...

I went to the open house on Friday. I posted a few photos on my blog and will be posting more. I think you will enjoy them; you are her biggest fan!
Brenda

BB said...

Thanks so much for adding me to your sidebar. I write about the simple things in my life. My blog audience is mostly family and close friends and anyone else who happens to stumble upon it.

I read your blog regularly and admire your style.

Brenda