If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me!

(Photo above curtesy of the internet.  It is not me)
Today is my 47 birthday!  I guess when your this age (above) you seem to be a little more excited about birthdays.  I must admit the idea of turning 3 years less than 50 is not fun.  
I am having a lovely day with wonderful blessings.  That is all anyone can ask for right? I spent the morning waiting for my electrician to put a lovely vintage light fixture I got from Black Eyed Susan's.  My husband wanted to take me out for dinner but we went out yesterday after church and last week we went out for our anniversary.  (Also had the Kansas trip) and for some reason I kind of wanted to stay home today, not go out to a restaurant, I finished laundry yesterday and wanted to stay home and spend the day doing as little as possible.  
I started to think of what I've learned.  What have I learned this year that was different from last year?
And I began to think. . . 
I've learned that. . .  patience is a gift, a luxury, a virtue that I do not possess.  
 sometimes listening is more important than giving advice.
 a card means more now than it used to.
my dad was the wisest person and kindest I've ever known.
 I have more from my mom that I thought I had.
 a single moment can change your life forever
 friends should be cherished.
 I don't love working out.
Scrubbing a stain on the clothes you have on two minutes before going out is a major mistake.
I really hate repeating things over and over again.
 saying I'm sorry is extremely important.
you can never take enough photographs
a good chair, a throw and my favorite book is a wonderful evening
going the extra mile for people doesn't make you a pushover 
compliments are free, so give as many as you can
peace of mind is a luxury
worrying is useless, but it takes such a chunk of my daily thoughts
a baby wipe can pretty much do anything
fear can be crippling
I hate flying more than anything else in the world
at 47 you pretty much have the people in your life that your ever gonna have
counting to ten and refraining from speaking your mind can help prevent regret later
you can never thank God enough 

I am happy that today was uneventful.  Didn't have to run and pick up anybody or do food shopping or laundry, although I did throw 4 towels in the wash and ran out for chicken thighs and 60 watt light bulbs oh and I ran to Joannes for elastic.  Hmmm, I actually did do stuff.  
Oh well.  Thank you God for today, for my home, family and friends and my little blog that brings me so much joy.  Thanks for your comments they are always appreciated greatly.  
xoxo 
Lisa






21 comments:

Jaybird said...

Happy Birthday to you...(oh well, I can't use an alt code music note...drat) but I do wish you a great day and a blessed year! You blog is a blessing to me too!!
J

Lee said...

Thank you for that comment. I love it! I am humbled.
Lisa

BB said...

Happy birthday, Lisa. Thanks for sharing with your readers. I love seeing the photos you take and sharing our common interests.

Here's wishing you a happy 47th year. You don't look a day over 30!

Your blog friend,
Brenda

Julie said...

Happy birthday, Lisa! At 47 you still have so many more people to come into your life: daughter-in-laws, grandchildren, maybe even great-grandchildren!

Blondie's Journal said...

Happy Birthday, Lee! It sounds like you have had a never ending celebration! Good for you! Take it from me, turning 50 was a great milestone for me. I am much more disciplined, I have more energy than I thought possible and I have wonderful relationships with people I love. Your list is great and it pretty much sums up what you can only learn as you grow older and wiser! Thank you for sharing it! :)

XO,
Jane

Lee said...

Thank you dear blogging friends. You have made my day even more special.
Lisa

Maria Elena said...

Happy birthday, Lisa! I hope you had a great day!

Susan@besusan.com said...

I love your wisdom and the fact that you share it with us.

I hope you had a wonderful day and even look forward to many more birthdays to come. 50 comes quickly. Not sure where 60 went...

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! I turned 50 last week. It's not so bad. I like your list except for this year I learned to enjoy working out and have met many new friends at the gym.

Love your blog. Thanks for keeping it real.

Robin

Lee said...

Thanks for all the lovely thoughts and comments.
And congrats to Anonymous for turning 50. Happy Birthday. Hee Hee.
Lisa

heather cameron said...

Happy Birthday to you! I know what you are saying, I had # 44 last month, and I was not happy about it. Especially when I thought I was turning 43 till my sister told me otherwise.

ryan james said...

.

ryan james said...

.

ryan james said...

.

ryan james said...

.

ryan james said...

.

ryan james said...

.

ryan james said...

.

ryan james said...

.

ryan james said...

.

Brad maddox said...

Genuines Works of Data Entry, Copy Pasting, Add Posting, Clicking, Web Surfing, Website Visiting, Article Sharing, Data Sharing, Google Business Plan and Much More Business Plans
www.jobzcorner.com