If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Saturday, November 17, 2012

T minus 5 Days For Thanksgiving and Then The Madness Begins

I honestly should not be showing these photos but I thought well, why not.  I wanted to bring everything over from the barn today and not wait until Black Friday becuase I knew it would be alot. As much as I love my Barn, and I do, and wanted to have that for storage it is such a pain to bring everything from the loft of the barn down the stairs over the river and through the woods.  Well that's what it feels like.  Rob doesn't let me help him bring it from the barn and he uses the wheel barrel to bring it over on the deck where I yank it inside and then Matt and I bring it down to the basement.  Here is a look at all of it.  Aye!




 There is Rudy rumaging through the Frontgate boxes.
It's alot.  And as much as I try to be organized, omgosh it's a lot.  I only bought a few little greens from Susan this year I didn't buy ornaments and I'm going to sort through everything this week before Thanksgiving so that on Friday I can begin.
So I have a few changes this year that I want to try out.  
If you have been reading my blog for a while you know that one of my dear friends Lisa, loves to decorate for christmas as much as I do.  She has a lovely home in the next town and her and I spend about two weeks figuring out what the heck we are going to do different.  
I enjoy her company and we can laugh so hard at eachother because we get each other and the "christmas frenzy" we both fall into at this time of year.  She promised me I can blog about her home sometime next week after we are both finished decorating this coming weekend.  
That is after we have made at least 5 trips to Michaels, Joannes, AC Moore, Black Eyed Susans, Feeneys and memorized all of Mary Carol's Christmas books and looked over the photos of her home at least 100 times.  
I bought this little guy today.  I so love him.  His little fat belly and his pudgy face.  I sure hope he's a small child and not an overweight almost naked middle aged man cause that would ruin it for me.  Hee Hee.
I want to try to do one of these that I saw at Mary Carol's house tour.

They are so elegant.  I love them!
Also I'm obsessed with this photo and have looked at it atleast 100 times.  I want to do this in my formal livingroom.
So I was thinking, hmmm I need a round table for my livingroom.  I have one in there but my lamp is on it.  How can I do this?  And then it dawned on me.  My bedside table upstairs in my bedroom.  I brought it down into my living room today already.  I love it.  It looks great.  I don't think I'm going to put it back.  She normally has tons of books on it and I love that so I just piled some books on it until after Thanksgiving.  
I know my photo looks yellow.  I couldn't get to my canon rebel without climbing over all those boxes so I just took it with my phone.  
Anyway, I was thinking I have 2 frontgate trees and one of them I'm sure comes in 2 parts.  I want to pull off the top part and stick it in one of my urns that I have alongside my deck.  Then I can lift it up unto this table for the same look.  I'm excited to do different things this year.  So I will blog sometime next Sunday on the end result.  If I survive until then.  I will also blog about my friend Lisa's home and her decorating ideas.  It's fun to see other homes so that we can get inspired to do things for our own. I've learned so much just from photos in books and on blogs.  
Until then, I pray you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  There is so much to be thankful for.  
I pray that you and your families may always be blessed.
Peace
xoxo
Lisa



7 comments:

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Hope you have fun decorating. It seems like the year went by really fast. Can't wait to see everything! That is fun that your friend will let you photograph her house too!

Nella said...

Hi Lee, it is so fun decorating with girl friends...makes it seem more enjoyable....I am looking forward to see what you have done next week! I won't be decorating rhis year at my house, but wil help my sister, who will be so busy over the holidays with her catering business... I wish you and your loved ones a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving , N.xo

BB said...

Oh, Lisa, I can't wait to see your Christmas decor! I spent time yesterday pouring over MCG's two Christmas books too! Great minds....

My decorations are all in the basement. Sometimes all those totes and boxes seem overwhelming, and I try not to add to it, but then I see something I MUST have! LOL

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Brenda

Lee said...

Thank you my sweet blogging friends,
you are always so supportive and kind.
xoxo
Lisa

Susan@besusan.com said...

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Blondie's Journal said...

It looks like the fun is beginning! I'm looking forward to seeing your home dressed for Christmas!

XO,
Jane

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

I would love it if you would join me in linking up at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-10-rural.html

I hope you can make it!
Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick