If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Saturday, December 29, 2012

Auld Lang Syne

 The snow came today.


Covering every inch of ground

Like a blanket

Wiping away the surface and making everything look new again
 The path that separates my barn and my neighbors.  It's my favorite path.  In the snow it looks magical.
 The grounds where there were once horses, just deer now and a few furry friends.
All is calm, peaceful, serene.  I find that the snow has a healing power.  It forgives the imperfections and creates beauty.  I've written two books (not published yet) and I always manage to stick a snow scene in anything that I write.  My third book is all about Christmas Eve so you know there will be plenty of snow.



 I wasn't going to post anything until the new year but it began to snow.  I love the snow.  Rob went out and took photos for me.  He knew I would want to post them.
An end of an old year.  A very hard one.  What will the new one bring?
Perhaps the snow came to wipe away the old, the sadness, the fears.  Perhaps it came to bring Hope.
For better days ahead.
Auld Lang Syne, days gone past.  I've always loved that song.  I spoke to a dear friend today that I hadn't spoken to in years.  We had lost touch and all info except that she had my address and sent me a Christmas card.  Arleen had sent one last year but with no return address.  I couldn't communicate with her until this year when she sent another one to me, now this one had a return address.  I quickly sent her mine with my information including my blog.  
We spoke today.  We are going to get together this month.  She will bring her family over to us.  I'm so excited.  
"Should old Acquaintences be forgot?  And never brought to mind?"  Never.  I have so many fond memories of so many people I have loved and cared for.  
Life is fleeting, I always say.  We make mistakes, we change, but not really, and then comes the snow.  
The pure white snow to remind us that there is Hope.  That all is not forsaken.  I think of the children from Connecticut and their families, I think of my friend Jessie leaving his 4 year old son without reason, so many unanswered questions.  But then I look out of my window and I see this gift.  
The snow, and it reminds me of better days ahead.  Of happy times to come.

                                                                                             xoxo
                                                                                 Happy New Year to all
                        May you re-connect with old friends, treasure your family and look to better days ahead.
                                                                                               Lisa


4 comments:

BB said...

The photos of the snow are beautiful! I would really miss the snow and other seasonal changes if I lived in a more temperate climate. Living in Iowa, we get the extreme of each season, but I like it that way.

Happy New Year!

Brenda

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Happy New Year! I have enjoyed reading your blog this past year. Always beautiful. So sweet of your husband to go out and take photo's for you. Your yard looks magical and peaceful.

Nella said...

You have a beautiful home, Lee! The snow makes it look even more magical! Beautiful thoughts for better days ahead....I have enjoyed reading your blog and getting to know you this past year....wishing you love and hugs, N.xo

Windlost said...

Sorry I missed this sweetie. Happy New Year and I am sorry things are hard right now with your family member's health issues. Your property is STUNNING. Hugs, Terri xoxo