If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Monday, December 3, 2012

Simple Touches

I remember when I first saw one of my favorite blogs (A Country Farmhouse) post about Red Transferware.  I only had two pieces myself but when I saw Trina's lovely kitchen shelves festive in red I thought I have to get more pieces.  I have about 10 dishes mixed and matched but I love them.
So today I rearranged my kitchen cabinets.  Take a look.
 Anything looks better with a small dainty wreath.
The red against the white reminded me of Trina's kitchen shelves and the way she rearranged them for her Country Living Shoot.  Here is a photo of it taken from A Country Farmhouse.
I love all the touches of red on the white shelves.  So Beautiful.  "Simply Elegant"

 I love Christmas Scenes with horses and carriages.  Can't get enough of them.  Wish I were on one traveling through a forest of winter white.  Here is a close up of one of the plates.  I have three of these.  I wish it didn't have the partitions in it.  They are hard to lay flat.
I bought this sweet little hand towel at Pottery barn along with the candles.  I put the candles on top of one of my little red christmas plates my sons bought me a few years back from Williams Sonoma.  I love how they look in my bathroom against the white.  
Simple touches here and there bring the Spirit of Christmas everywhere.  Hey that rhymes!
Peace
Lisa


4 comments:

A Country Farmhouse said...

Beautiful! I need to dust mine off and get them out before too long! xoTrina

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the plates! Trina's, too. Perfect for Christmas. I like your simple touches in the bath, too!

Have a great week!

XO,
Jane

Sue said...

I love your simple touches, and the red transferware. I put mine in my dining room hutch, but I love the look of the all white shelves.
Merry Christmas.

Windlost said...

Lovely. Red is wonderful with lots of white at Christmas!!

xo Terri