12.07.2012

Toile For Christmas

I've always loved Toile.  I remember the first time I saw a piece of it.  It was on a small napkin at a little flea market.  Since then I've always loved it.  I must admit I like it in small doses.  I have a small brown little pillow in my family room and the back of my chairs have a sage toile material in my sunroom and I have a blue toile table cloth for my dinning room.  
A few years ago I found this toile duvet cover at Pottery Barn.  It was pictured on a bed and I loved it.  
I bought it and have been using it for the month of December for the past three years.

 The boxwood garland is from Michael's crafts store.  It is actually plastic and was only 7.99 but I love the way it looks and hangs.
 I found these three sweet little wreaths from a little store in town, The Nest.

 I added the little red satin ribbon to the wreaths.

 I like to keep my bedroom simple.  It's the only room where I don't have to worry if someone stops by or if I'm expecting company.  It's our sanctuary, our escape from what the day brings.  But I did want it to feel a little like Christmas.  I'm pleased with the end result.

You see you can add a Christmas feel with only a few touches.
Peace & Joy
Lisa


7 comments :

Windlost said...

Sooo pretty. Well done!

xo Terri

Anonymous said...

Looks very pretty lisa. Just enough to be festive but still be serene. Good job.

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely. I also bought that boxwood garland, from A.C. Moore, and used it to trim the entry to my living room. I saw a lighted faux boxwood garland in the Pottery Barn catalog a few years back and I wanted the look, so a quick trip to the craft store and a little time, and I got the look.

I love boxwood, and use the real thing to make kissing balls for the front porch. I boght the boxwood, and tomorrow's project will be to construct the kissing balls.

I really enjoy reading your blog - keep up the good work.

Heather said...

I love those little wreaths! They are so sweet.

Nella said...

Hi Lee, I too bought that red toile several years ago at PB!
But just the pillow sham, I use it outside on a white wicker chair at Christmas in the potting area of my garden....it is protected!! I love it too! Your bedroom with a few festive touches is beautiful, very traditional, the best look !! N.xo

Heather Cameron said...

that's a very festive boudoir you have there!

Sue said...

I love the red toile, and your wreaths are so pretty and simple too. They add just the right festive touch. Love that look.
Have a Merry Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...