1.06.2013

Sweet Christmas Botanicals

So we have a sweet old historic Hardware store that has been around since 1869.  Our area is historic, the Washington Crossing area and most of the buildings and homes are date early 1800 and some late 1700's.  Our hardware store is a lovely store that continues to keep the small town charm.  It has absolutely everything you might need and recently it was in danger of closing but thankfully was bought by people who want to continue with it's legacy.
Here it is pictured above sometime in the fall and below it is just two week ago displaying it's evergreen wreaths.  The books store next to it is also a wonderful place where you can find music and books and without the hassle of a crowded chain.  

The other day I went to the hardware store to purchase a few things I needed and came across these lovely Christmas botanicals that I had not seen over the holdays.  
I thought they were lovely and bought myself a set.  Loved them so much I bought my dear friend KC a set as well.  We love botanicals.



I absolutely love how they look in our study.  So sweet and a reminder of Christmas every day.  I shall keep them up always.  
Do you love Botanicals?

5 comments :

Heather said...

That row of shops looks positively dreamy. The prints are so pretty. I'd keep them up at least all winter.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

You have the most generous heart. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and the New Year has started off giving you all you desire.
hugs ~lynne~

BB said...

Small town stores are becoming more and more rare. I hate that. There is a town about an hour from where I live that has businesses around the square; I love going there and try to buy something at my favorite shops. We really have to consciously support our small
businesses if we want them to continue.

Love your hardware and book stores.
Brenda

Sue said...

Your shopping area looks like so much fun. I love your botanicals, and I would leave them up too, at least through winter. I would love to find a set for me:-)

Keeping It Cozy said...

What a beautiful store! We have an old hardware store on our square too and I love it. The botanical prints are so lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...