If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.


Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Perfect Find

I'm having a Barn Sale coming up and I have been preoccupied with planning my little event and organizing all the items I will be selling.  I have been pricing and collecting my things and getting excited about selling any excess that I haven't used or seen in a year or two. 
Yesterday I bought some lovely greeting cards from different artists.  I have collected quite a bit of frames over time and placed a few cards in the frames.  They came out lovely.  I'm quite happy and think it's more fun to buy a frame with a lovely print inside than the frame alone.  


I had been looking for a couple of small paintings and had told the woman who owns a new little antique store to look out for one or two 5 by 7 oil or acrylic landscape framed paintings.  She had said to check back in and when I checked in today, I found this.  
I know, I know, I should not be spending if I'm looking to simplify and sell any excess but I saw her and immediately was smitten.  
Isn't she lovely.  I love everything about it.  Her expression, the settee, the pillows, her dress although I would never show that much cleavage.  (Actually I don't have any cleavage.)  I even love the corner of the little framed painting behind her on the wall.  But most of all, I love the frame.  It is in perfect condition.  I paid $49.00.  After I found the perfect place for her, in my upstairs hallway, I knew I had made the right decision bringing her home.  




3 comments:

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Best wishes to you on your barn sale. Sounds like lots of work, but fun. I have been trying to clean things out here too. Just too many things in this house.

Brenda said...

I had a garage sale last year. It was a lot of work but very satisfying to purge the house and basement. Good luck on yours.

Your new picture is lovely.

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Love the frames with the pictures.
Best wishes with the sale.