If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.


Monday, February 4, 2013

My Vintage Chalkboard, Easy Project

So I've had this frame for a few years now.  I realized that I didn't take a before photo of the frame before I painted it so I had to look for an old one and it is a bit out of focus, but you can see the color.
I will keep it small so you can see the detail without it getting stretched out. 
I purchased it at ACMoore and have had it for about 3 years.  I always hang my favorite boxwood wreath during the holidays in it.
Well I had been wanting a chalkboard for my kitchen.  I ordered the 16 by 20 size to fit this frame and then I painted the frame.
Here you can still see a bit of the gold color left.  Sorry totally forgot.  
 I love the edges.  Now I'm a messy painter, but I wanted it to appear as if it had been painted a long time ago and not an hour ago in my kitchen.


I'm very happy with it.  Please excuse my photos taken with my camera phone I was too tired to get my canon rebel.  But you get the idea.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

These chalk boards are everywhere and I think they are multi purpose:) They look darling and you can leave fun messages.

Great photos with your camera phone:)

leslie

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Looks very nice! I like that it has the fabric edging too!