2.11.2013

Winter Whites

So I wanted to bring out the white in my family room.  The room is small and I had painted it a grey color a few years back and although my fireplace is white (best decision I ever made) I find that my room is dark and sometimes lost because of the dark colors.  My couch is a dark chocolate in velvet, and my loveseat is a dark grey.  I had a small chair that was dark brown paisley and decided to switch it for now with a white slipcovered chair from IKEA.
There it is above.  A lovely inexpensive chair that is comfortable and has slipcovers that are machine washable.  You can't get any better than that right?


I am very happy with the way it compliments the white of the fireplace and brings out the white in the background of my toile curtians (pottery barn) and brings out the white of the blue and white lamp as well.  I think the next change will be getting a natural fiber rug that can protect the original wooden floors and also give the room a neutral base.  The rug I have now has light blue colors.  I won't buy one until it is exactly right for the room.  Something lighter to incorporate the white with the browns.  Perhaps a light cream colored jute rug.  Also our coffee table has had a lot of wear and tear so I'm on the hunt for something simple as well.  

I purchased a lovely little cableknit throw in white from Pottery Barn for my chair.  I have two little dogs and they love to sit on me when I'm sitting.  I usually like to drape something on my lap to protect my furniture.  It comes next week.  
I also purchased that little white pot with a small faux boxwood plant inside.  Thought it fit perfectly well on my mantle.  Simple changes can light up a room in an instant.  

3 comments :

Sue said...

Your new chair just pops in your room. It's a lovely addition.

PlantWerkZ said...

Such a beautiful post. Like as PlantWerkz article. Great combination of color. Thanks for everything.

Queen Bee's Musings said...

All you need is a cozy lap quilt and a good book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...