3.26.2013

Subtle Changes Give Life To An Old Door


This was my door for years.  For the past year I have wanted to change the color of my front door.  I had grown tired of the red and the shock factor and wanted something a bit more earthy and warm.  I often make most of my decisions with Christmas always in the back of my mind.  And although I pondered about black for a bit since my side door is painted black (Sherwin Williams Tricorn Black, the best black ever) I wanted to still have a door that demanded some attention.  Since my shutters are black I thought the door would get lost.  So I remembered my blog friend Trina who has a lovely green door.  I got the color and went to sherwin williams and picked out three colors and taped the swatches on my door to see in the sunlight.  Arugula, Courtyard and Evergreens.   After looking at all three I decided that Evergreens was the best pick.  It was also Trina's color.
Here is a pic of Trina's door.
I love how it still pops against the white.  I have an all white house too and loved the contrast. 
I tried to take photos without the glare of my storm door but it was a bit impossible.  

Here you can see the richness in the color.  The door was still wet when I took this photo.

I am very pleased with the changes. I hope my husband will love them too, he's away and I always do a project when he's gone.  Hope he loves it!




11 comments :

A Country Farmhouse said...

Beautiful!

Leslie said...

Such a gorgeous color!

Heather said...

The color pops, but it doesn't scream for attention. Very, very pretty!

Dayle @ A Collection of This and That said...

Green is my favorite color, so I love it.

Brenda said...

Perfect!

Lee said...

I'm so thrilled! This is the most feedback I've gotten for something. I love and appreciate each and every comment. Thank you!
xoxo
Lisa

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Your door looks so nice, and it must feel great to have a fresh coat of paint. My front door is in great need. I just have to make a plan to keep Guinness in the house so I can fix mine. Thats a great way to start the new season.

Nella said...

Love it Lee, I am right now deciding about exterior shutter colours.....that green is beautiful, and once your garden pops, it will look even better! N.xo

Otis Kunkle said...

It’s nice that you keep the wreath and everything else. The gesture seems to signify that it is still the same door, just trying out a different costume. When it’s time for a new paint again, do me a favor to keep the boldness, Lee. :] There’s certain awesomeness when the door gets the attention despite its location. -->Otis

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

I absolutely love your green door!!!!! And I tend to really love red doors but this green one is just amazing. Like you, I've always loved A Country Farmhouse's green door too. Good job! ~ Dori ~

Rolf said...

I wonder what your husband’s reaction was after seeing your front door. I guess he was surprised, but he loved it anyway. Haha! In my opinion, you did a great job in giving it a new look. Simply coating your door with a green paint made it look splendid!

Rolf Matchen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...