4.01.2013

Let There Be White. . .

So, I spent my Easter in the hospital with my mom.  She had a  terrible reaction to a new medication and was violently ill.  Thankfully she is back home with us and all is well.  My husband so kindly painted our room Benjamin Moore's "Simply White" thanks to Trina's suggestion.  (A Country Farmhouse) Who knew there were so many whites?  It was between "Chantilly Lace, Snow White and Simply White" and when Trina told me she used Simply White in her home I immediately thought of how lovely it looked and went to purchase a sample of each.  For those of you who might be interested in doing the same thing in the future, Chantilly Lace has a hint of blue base, and snow white has a hint of green so Simply White was the purest I thought for my walls.
Take a look.
 There is my sweet little chaise I slipcovered.  I love it!  My curtains aren't up because the paint was still wet.  I have three windows but my bedroom faces the corner where I have old pine trees that cover most of the sunlight.  So no matter how I try my room never seems to get enough light.  But now with the walls simply white, everything looks whiter.  The brights look even brighter.  I'm so happy.

 My sweet little settee that I purchased in a little antique place and had reupholstered professionally.  I love how it looks with the small afghan my mom crocheted for me.
There is snoopy Wally, one of my dogs snooping around.
I love that now my baskets and my armoire stand out.  The browns just jump out.  I thought about painting my window frames white as well but I liked the contrast and how they matched my bathroom doors.  We painted our bathroom too.  More photos later. . .

7 comments :

Heather said...

Such a classic and pretty room. I love dark cherry and mahogany furniture.

Windlost said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom and glad she is okay now. The room is looking so great. Simply white is prefect!!

xo Terri

Brenda said...

The white looks fresh, and it let's the beauty of the wood shine! I have been thinking of painting one of our bedrooms white, and you have convinced me that is the way to go.

I hope your mother is doing well now. She is fortunate to have such a caring child as you.

Brenda said...

The white looks fresh, and it let's the beauty of the wood shine! I have been thinking of painting one of our bedrooms white, and you have convinced me that is the way to go.

I hope your mother is doing well now. She is fortunate to have such a caring child as you.

Joanne Bischof said...

ooh, pretty! I love the white tones with that dark 4-post bed. Just lovely!

Lee said...

Thank you ladies. This morning was so peaceful to wake up to my simply white room. It helped me slide into my day.
Thanks for the comments I love them.
xoxo
Lisa

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Your bedroom is just gorgeous. I love the Simply White color. It is the most amazing white ever! And I think your choice to not paint the window frames was a good choice. They are so incredibly gorgeous and they really tie in the woods in the bedroom too. Love it all! ~ Dori ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...