5.04.2013

Kitchen Subtle Transformation, Lavender to Simply White

When we first did our kitchen remodeling it was a massive ordeal.  Then when the painters asked me what color I wanted to paint the kitchen I said, my favorite color, Lavender.

Okay so I have before photos and after but strangely you can't see how different the two are from my photos.
Here is the lavender kitchen.
If you look on the left side of the cabinets where the two arches are you can really see the color there. (above)
In the bottom photo you can see the lavender color on the ceiling and in the sunroom pretty clearly.

This is when I went lavender crazy.  Lavender flowers, lavender accents, yikes!
Now below is my kitchen as of Friday.  We had the sunroom, foyer and kitchen and laundry room all painted Benjamin Moore Simply White (as I did the entire upstairs hallway and my bedroom and bathroom)
After:
 I took these at 630 pm and the sun wasn't as strong as it was earlier.  It still doesn't look as white as it looks in person.


In the morning light the walls match my cabinets.  I am so happy with the change.  

12 comments :

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

I think the white looks really nice. You have been so busy working on your home. Such great results.

Brenda said...

I LOVE the white.Nice!

Heather said...

Classic and very, very pretty!

Yarlette Gebarowski said...

Lisa, the white looks so pretty. I want to go back to white again. That way even on gloomy days every thing still looks bright. Now I have a lot of beige walls.Some rooms just seem so dark to me now.I love your blog and always look forward to reading it Yarlette

Yarlette Gebarowski said...

Lisa, the white looks so pretty. I want to go back to white again. That way even on gloomy days every thing still looks bright. Now I have a lot of beige walls.Some rooms just seem so dark to me now.I love your blog and always look forward to reading it Yarlette

Windlost said...

Gorgeous. Your house and kitchen are to die for. I would have been happy with the lavender to have such a great kitchen. haha. The white will be so lovely and airy for summer.

xo Terri

A Country Farmhouse said...

Love it! What a beautiful kitchen you have. xo

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

I think this kitchen would be beautiful no matter what color! Just found your blog and following for more beauty.

Lee said...

Thank you so much for all your comments, all of you are too too kind.
xoxo
Lisa

Keeping It Cozy said...

Your kitchen is absolutely a dream! I love the white, the cabinets, and especially, your stove!

Leslie said...

Gorgeous! You just can't go wrong with white.. It's timeless. Your clock is a great piece and I like whee you put it!

xxleslie

Nella said...

Lee, your kitchen is beautiful! I love it!! Xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...