6.27.2013

Blueberry Pickin!

So I decided to pick my blueberries today.  I knew it would be a lot of work and many long hours in the sun, but I figured today was a good day.  I thought I wouldn't have enough strainers and bowls to do my picking but thankfully I was very well prepared.
Take a look at my crop.
Here is a close up incase you missed some of them.
Yep, that's all of them. . . I don't know what I'll do with all the jam I'm gonna make out of them.
Hee hee.  
Here's another look. 

There are more on the plant that aren't ripe but I must say I ate one and it was delicious!  After all, always remember it's not the quantity that counts.
Happy Summer. . . xoxo

5 comments :

Keeping It Cozy said...

They look perfect and so delicious! :-) I can sympathize as this is about the amount our own blueberry bushes are producing... but I'm sure you have dreams just as I do that one day we'll have buckets so full we won't know what to do with all of them! ;-)

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Lisa - thats pretty funny! But I love your colander and all those blueberries look really pretty in it!!! (Smile!) ~ Dori ~

Heather Cameron said...

Don't worry, soon they will come in and you won't be able to keep up! We have 500 bushes, and in the beginning, it's hard to find one ripe berry!

Joanne Bischof said...

Your crop is so cute! And way better than ours. We have 3 sad little bushes that are just chugging along to survive in this heat. :)

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

That is so funny! It reminds me of my plate and my friends plate at Noah's band picnic. The grade level that was supposed to bring something other than hot dogs didn't make it. If I figure out how to get the photos off of my camera I will send you the picture. It's really funny! Hope you had a happy 4th!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...