7.26.2013

A New Bedroom!

So after much thought, contemplation and an amazing email alert about Ethan Allen's 20% off sale on all bedroom furniture, we have decided to redo our bedroom.  I will not be able to sleep until the end of September when my furniture arrives.  I'm so giddy about it I can't tell you.  Who needs alcohol or drugs, just give me a great furniture sale and my endorphins are kickin!
Okay so it all started with this bed.
It is the Cane bed by Maison.  Isn't it a dream?  I am so enamored with it.  I love the color (gardenia) and the cane accents.  It is the sweetest of creams in color and sits lower than my bed.  I'm so tired of having to climb in my bed every night.  I wonder if that's why my hip is always out of whack.  
Anyway, as some of you know I always talk about how lucky I am to have one of my closest friends be a designer at Ethan Allen.  My friend KC has always been an inspiration.  Her bedroom and her home has inspired me in so many ways.  Below is a photo of her bedroom.  Take a look.
(Hope you don't mind KC)
You remember KC, she's the one I did an entire post of her home a few months ago.  
Anyway, she has inspired me with the idea of joining old and new, vintage and current.  Her bedroom and her home is so Romantic, just like the Ethan Allen Romantic style of furniture.  Aboslutely lovely.  
Okay, so back to my bedroom purchases.
Okay so I just adore this little french Bombe dresser in this pine color.

I also got this lovely white dresser that is alot smaller than mine in the gardenia color but it is plain, without the hand painting on it because . . . 
I selected this Armoire that has the hand painted design on it already.  I didn't want anything to look like a set or all the same style.  

The armoire above is the plain painted one.  I didn't get that one but wanted to show you the inside.

This is the hand painted Armoire I purchased. 
More to come when the furniture comes. . . 
xoxo
Lisa


8 comments :

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Lucky you , going to be beautiful. fondly ~lynne~

Brenda said...

I can't wait to see it all in place, beautiful!

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Wow - so beautiful Lisa. It'll all be extremely gorgeous in your bedroom. Very exciting for you for sure. ~ Dori ~

Lee said...

Thank you lovely ladies!
xoxo
Lisa

Rhonda K said...

Love you choices! Can't wait to see it all in place.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

How exciting! Your room is going to be so romantic and beautiful!

Ramon Valdez said...

Can't wait to see the end result, you are always creating jaw dropping style... Rowhouseblogg.blogspot

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

I am so happy for you!

I have a similar armoire but not painted, but thinking about it over and over - most of the family says don't paint it - but it doesn't really go with anything in my bedroom.

I think your pic just inspired me!

I am your newest follower!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...