8.29.2013

Finding My Mirror

So I shared that we bought new bedroom furniture.  I have had my bed for 25 years and I still love it but I wanted something a little different.  I needed a change. 
I got a call from Ethan Allen saying that my furniture would come on Sept 10.  It was alot sooner that I was told so needless to say I am thrilled.  I had been contemplating my bedroom mirror thinking about possibly painting it when I found this mirror in the EA catalog.  I immediately fell in love with it and had to call one of my best friends KC who is a designer at EA.  Sadly she informed me that the mirror had been discontinued.  You know when you get something in your head, or see something that you fall in love with and then when you try to think of an alternative it is close to impossible after that.  Well no matter how many mirrors I looked at, there was none that could compare.  
Then I started hating my mirror which is perfectly fine and I do love it, just because it wasn't this one.  
I was fine until I saw this one.  
Well KC called me up a week or two later to tell me that she had located one in a showroom in Maryland (I think) and that they would send it to her store to take a look at it.
And here it is in my home as of last night.  

I think m favorite part is the crowning top.  I just love the design.  It reminds me of folded ribbon.  And the color is a soft pale cream, perfect for my white walls and new furniture.  

I am once again thankful to KC for all the calls she made trying to track it down.  I guess it was meant to be mine.  I couldn't get it out of my mind and now its here waiting to be mounted on the wall.  
Very happy!

1 comments :

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

OMG I loooove that mirror - have seen them, you lucky duck- I can TOTALLY see why you got, well, um, "obsessed" with it - I surely would have as well.

If you EVER hear of another I am all over it like water on a seal!

I can't wait for your new bedroom furniture to come in, how exciting!

I am so truly happy for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...