8.05.2013

I Promise it's Easy And Delicious!

 I don't know about all of you but I'm so tired of figuring out what to make every day.  It is so frustrating.  I have tons of cookbooks but lets be honest, to make a new recipe takes some time.  You have to make lists, and then go shopping for the ingredients and all the time knowing that you are taking a risk trying something new.  Well I'm happy to say that I made something today that was not difficult and looked and tasted delicious.  It's from this book.

This is the photo from the book

I think you can make out the directions pretty clearly.  Okay so a few things, I used pureed lemongrass instead of fresh, pureed ginger instead of raw ginger and the recipe called for Thai chile but I couldn't find anything like that so I bought a small jar or Thai red chile paste and only used a half a teasp.  It was in the oriental section.  And instead of day old jasmine rice I used the steamfresh white rice packets.  (3 packets in the microwave and then I measured 4 cups of it.  Ta da!)
Came out absolutely delicious!  
Try it I promise you won't be disappointed.  




Here is my finished product.  Doesn't it look like Martha's photo above?  
So fun and literally took me about 15 min to make.  
I bought a little stir fry pan from Bed Bath and Beyond that cost 14 dollars.  
Let me know if you tried it.  
xoxo

0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...