8.25.2013

Not Exactly Town & Country or Country Living. . . But Close Enough For Me

So yesterday was my End of The Summer BBQ.  Remember the one I said I was going to host on my porch?  Well a few changes but I must admit for the better.  We decided to set up under the pergola in the back patio rather than try to do the front porch style Carolyne Roehm seating.    Take a look.

It has been the most perfect weekend and yesterday and today was ideal for "Al Fresco Dining"
I could not have asked for a more perfect evening under the late summer sky with a light breeze and a faint smell of flowers in the air.
I went to my market and bought some roses and made these arrangements for the table.  

At the end I think everyone was pleased.  I know I was too.
A few people asked me to post what my menu was like so here it is.
roasted red potatoes (made in the oven that morning with garlic and olive oil)
roasted veggies (zucchini, eggplant, orange and red peppers, artichoke, broccoli, baby tomatoes in yellow and red, I think that was all and again just olive oil, salt & pepper and whole cloves of garlic)
Sara Foster's Summer Orzo from The Foster's Market cookbook
chicken skewers with a ginger soy glaze
home made coleslaw
corn on the cob (cut in half) I wasn't too happy with the corn, pale white corn, couldn't find yellow or two colored and I thought it tasted a little bland for my taste
Vegan wheat Penne with Fire Roasted Tomato sauce
Angie Harmon's Baked Salmon (only three ingredients and it's to die for. pinneapple juice, soy sauce (equal parts so I use the can of pinneapple rings in heavy syrup without the pinneapple and then add soy sauce about the same amount and then I drizzle with honey as it's cooking about 3 or 4 times and bake 350 for an hour.  Yummy.  I cut each portion in half so I bought 12 pieces and cut them to have 24)
Home made cornbread
And that's all folks!  
That was the dinner I didn't include the appetizers I made for lunch and other goodies.  all I know is after that much cooking I needed a few days to recuperate.  
Oh and Brenda, the lanterns are from Pottery Barn about 4 years ago.  I love them too.  Thanks.
xoxo

4 comments :

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

OH!

Nicely done, ma'am!

Going to share what was on your menu?

Brenda said...

Oh, it looks like the perfect summer party! I want to know what you served too. Love the blue and white lanterns.

Brenda said...

Wow! What a menu. You deserve a rest after that production!

A Country Farmhouse said...

GORGEOUS! I can imagine how lovely it was. xoC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...