10.11.2013

A Year To The Day

Today is exactly a year before my son's wedding to the most lovely and kind hearted young lady.
The wedding will be at home, in our barn and in our back yard.  Funny when my husband and I first came to see our house for the first time (for the full story of our farmhouse click on "our farmhouse") and I walked unto our back yard I immediately envisioned a white tent in the back illuminated at night.  I truly imagined a wedding.  Maybe it was a vision or maybe it was because I have seen Father of the Bride too many times to count. Needless to say I am thrilled to know that in a year (God Willing)  I will see a tent.  
They have planned a simple barn/farmhouse style wedding where we will be making things ourselves and creating as much as possible to make the day as sweet as possible.  
The wedding itself has become a healing gift for me.  It has become something to look forward to, something to focus my energy on and a happy point in my future.  Being a full time caregiver drains you at times of any happiness or idea of having any.  This has been a gift.  
Therefore I wish. . . 
I wish that my son becomes a husband like my own, his father. A man of faith, peace and gentle spirit who loves me more than I deserve.
I wish that his wife may be happy and love him in return and that they may fill their lives with the true things that matter, and children of course, if God allows.
I wish that their lives be filled with compassion for others and may they never take anything for granted.
I wish them love.
Here's to 365 days of planning, creating, dreaming, excitement, wonder and most of all pure joy.


4 comments :

Windlost said...

What a dreamy, perfect post. I wish them all those things too. How exciting to look forward to a wedding. How funny that we are all getting married at all different ages of life. Haha. I am 43 and your boy is still so young. But the heart always knows love...

Enjoy the planning. I agree - it is so nice to have a pleasing project to immerse in. Look forward to details!!!

xo Terri

Nella Miller said...

Dear Lee, this post made me stop and pause....your beautiful words were moving and lovely...a happy occasion to look forward to can only be a healing experience in anyone's life...I helped to look after my Mom, and closed my store when she became ill and needed me...I know it can be overwhelming and all consuming, this wedding will bring you strength and happiness again, N.xo

Keeping It Cozy said...

What an exciting time for you! Definitely so much to look forward to... I can only imagine how beautiful their wedding will be at your lovely home. What special memories will be made!

Maria at inredningsvis said...

What a AMAZING post:) your blog Is so beautiful and Im now following on pinterest..hope you follow back.

Check my blog...with stylish Swedish fireplaces:)

Have a great Sunday dear

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...