10.05.2013

Coming Soon . . .

Recently I queried an agent about my first book.  I have two fictional novels completed.  For the past three years I have been working with the greatest editor on the planet, Victoria Mixon.  www.victoriamixon.com
(She has helped me shape my novels into work I can truly be proud of. )  This agent requested my full manuscript, rejected it and sadly never returned my manuscript.  Now for those of you who are not writers and are not familiar with querying agents, that is usually what happens.  So as an unpublished writer you really have no protection.
Well needless to say it really made me think.
Well today was the day I decided to take control.  I signed with a publishing company in order to work with them and get my first book published.
So for the next two months I will be working with Abbott Press.  Designing my cover working on details and will receive my ISBN number and library of congress number and my book will be protected.

The consultant said that once I start next week my book will be ready for sales by the first of January.
I am excited and nervous and perhaps a bit scared.  When the time comes I will ask for all of my blogging friends help to spread the news of my book release and possibly purchase one if you wish.
I would appreciate that so very much.  I think when I finally hold my book in my hands all I'm going to do is weep.  It's been such a long ride.
Until then here's a little home made cover.  (These are picked by me for fun, I do not own the rights to these photos and would never be able to use them but I liked how they looked.  One is actually from a catalog, the other is a drawing I found while googling.)
I will keep you all posted of my book release date.
Thanks for all your support and comments, as always.
xoxo
Lisa

(Thanks to Liddy, my sweet daughter in law to be who made these for me)

3 comments :

Stacy @ Sweethearts + Sweet Tarts said...

Wishing you lots and lots of luck promoting your book! Have a great weekend!

Catherine said...

Well done Lisa! This is very exciting and so many people will be thrilled to have the opportunity to read your books. xoxo

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...