10.27.2013

Were It All Began For me. . . Mary Carol Garrity's Trees

 I bought similar colored balls for my tree last year.  I too lifted it on the table and attempted to duplicate this masterpiece.
The first time I saw Mary Carol Garrity's two trees was from The Nell Hill books (Christmas At Home and O Christmas Tree) In my opinion the greatest Christmas decor books ever made.  There is something about looking through one of Mary Carol's books and snuggling in your favorite chair with a cup of tea or your favorite coffee and taking your time looking through every detail of every page of her books.  It is a treat for the eyes, the mind and the heart.  Truly inspiring.  My dear friend Lisa met me for coffee and shared her beautiful book with me.  I aboslutely was smitten and ordered one that very evening.  Ever since then I have all of her books including the one that should arrive in the next two days, her latest.
When I first saw her book and then found out she held a fall and winter open house for free I begged my husband to take me.  Not only did I go once but twice to Mary Carol's home.
If by now you don't know who she is just take a look at her blog, or follow her on facebook or pinterest of order any or all of her books.  www.nellhillsblog.com
After seeing her two small trees lifted up in massive urns on a tabletop I was a fan for life.
Just look at these trees above.  One is in her dinning room and the other in her living room.  You might think because they are smaller in scale they are not as elegant as a larger tree, well I have to say that I find them to be even more stunning and jaw dropping.  Don't ask me why but lifting the tree up unto a table gives it a wow factor.  As we all walked through her home that November and marveled at these trees, everyone who walked by them stood mesmerized at their beauty.
Mary Carol's open house is the weekend of Nov 8 & 9.  If you can make sure to go.  It is a wonderful experience.
As October comes to an end I can't help but think about the holiday season and my mind begins to plan ways to make my trees a little different and more exciting.

3 comments :

Brenda said...

Lisa,you can be sure I will take lots of photos and blog about MCG's holiday open house if I get to go. I'll tell her "hi" from you, her biggest fan.

Heather said...

I'm going to try to go! I'll let you know if I do so you can stop by my blog to see pictures.

Ramon Valdez said...

Omg, Lisa I just posted my blog and it's the same subject as this entry, I could not believe it, I am counting down the days, can't wait to see what she has in store for us.
Ramon
Rowhouseeventsandinteriors.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...