12.19.2013

Last Minute Ideas For Outdoor Decor

I know I just posted about my party but I realized I hadn't posted about how I decorated my urns, so simple and easy and wanted to share it with all of you incase you want to do the same before your Christmas guests arrive.
Okay so these are the same lanterns I use all year around.  I used a ribbon I ordered from Nell Hill that Mary Carol Garrity actually suggested for me.  I used it inside and outside.  Placed a faux candle that lights up and then I put some faux little sprigs inside around the candle.  Then I used natural green wreaths below as a foundation for the lanterns.

Here is a full view.  That piece of greens was there before I put the wreaths, have to fix that, they were covered in snow.  I also added some faux greens on the side of the lantern outside beneath the ribbon.  I love how they turned out.

I adore my Nell Hill Silver Balls.  You can still get them by calling the store.  These are the medium sized ones.  Absolutely love them!  You can see reflections in them, I thought would be cool to take a photo for a christmas card.  Again they are placed upon a fresh wreath.
 Here is a full shot of both the lanterns and balls together.  I think they make the entrance feel grand and festive.  Woops, my candle is tilted.  Gotta fix it!
Now I have my white lanterns by my door.  Have them all year around decorated differently according to the seasons.  Just placed a some garland and more felt gigantic ribbons from my trip to Nell Hill last year.

Used fresh garland around my porch.  But it's going to be in the high 60's this weekend.  I'm a little afraid they will turn yellow.

And then finally my beautiful faux wreath that looks so real.  I love love love this wreath.  I placed a simple bow from the felt ribbon that matches the white lanterns and then some red berries.
Hope these ideas are helpful.
Happy Christmas!
xoxo
Lisa



4 comments :

Marilyn said...

Love your nature inspired outdoor decorations, and (I agree)that wreath is gorgeous. I don't know if I have ever come across felt ribbon, but I'm on the look-out for it now. :-)

Marilyn (in Dallas)

Ramon Valdez said...

Omg Lisa, your outdoor decor is stunning I love the gazing balls from nell hill's and the lanterns are just spot on, Mary Carol would be so proud of you....
Have a wonderful christmas and I can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for us.
Ramon
Rowhouseblogg@gmail.com

Windlost said...

Lisa, you are what I call a true decorator. I like a beautiful environment but you truly love to make yours perfect. Looks so beautiful inside and out. Well done. I am blown away that that wreath is faux. It looks very real. That is a find. Xox
Merry Christmas and thanks for being such a sweet and positive visitor to my blog. Xox Terri

Unknown said...

That faux wreath is amazing! Could you share where you purchased it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...