12.29.2013

My Book. . . The Shoebox

So in just a few weeks my book will be hitting the stores, online stores, Amazon, Barnes & Nobles etc.
It is hard to believe for me that my dream is finally becoming reality.  
I thought I'd give you a quick look at the cover and a brief idea of what it is about.  This is my first book and now I can say I am a published author.  So weird!  Hee hee
I have written and completed a second one, "The Eighth Summer" but that one isn't being published as of yet.  Still waiting to hear.  (And my third is in the works)  But for now I am more than thrilled with The Shoebox.  

The Shoebox is set in Chatham, Massachussettes and in Boston and follows the main character Peter Michaels throughout his life in three stages.  We meet Peter when he is a young man in 1965, then in his 40's in the 85 and finally in his 70's in present time.  It is a story about love and loss, passion and hope and I believe readers will fall madly in love with Peter and Maddy.  
Madeline Marsden, the love of Peter's life. 
Below is the summary on the jacket.   
I am so excited and can't wait to post the final information when my book is finally out.  Publishers told me it will be the week of January 19 so I will keep you all posted.  Thank you for your kind words and support all throughout my journey. 
xoxo
Lisa



6 comments :

Nella Miller said...

Lee, I cannot believe this!! I am sooooo excited for you! You have peeked my interest now...and I will read it!! What discipline you must have to do this...amazing! N.xoxo

Brenda said...

I love the plot description. I can't wait to read it!

Congratulations! Writing and publishing a book is an amazing accomplishment.

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

I am so happy for you! Very exciting to see your dream come to reality. I am looking forward to reading your book! The description sounds fantastic!

Marilyn said...

Fabulous! I also look forward to reading your book, and congratulations on its publication.

Marilyn (in Dallas)

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Lisa - yesterday I was thinking about your book and wondered when it would be coming out. I thought "I wonder why she hasn't mentioned it lately" so I went looking on your blog! Somehow I missed this post - I have no idea how as I always read every one of your posts. It must've been in the Christmas rush I missed it! Sooooo excited and anxious for the release of your book. I'll be one of the first to buy it! :-) ~ Dori ~

Blogger said...

You could be qualified to get a free $1,000 Amazon Gift Card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...