3.21.2014

Just Imagine

I am obsessed with old homes especially ones that look like this.  Isn't this absolutely breathtaking?  This is the Patterson Farm. I am going to tell you that I don't know if it is abandoned or not.  I know the township for years has been trying to preserve the land but the house is in desperate need of love.
It is so grand and simply stunning.  Reminds me of the another time where the women wore petticoats and fancy hats.
The paint is peeling and wood is damaged in some spots and every time I drive by it I just want to cry.
Below is a view from far.  I can just imagine what it must have looked like inside in another time.  Satin drapes with velvet settees and small sitting rooms.  The bedrooms elaborately adorned with antiques and writing desks where a proper letter might have been written to an admirer with a quill dipped in ink.
I believe things have karma left from the people who inhabited them.  I'm sure the feeling of this house is sadness inside without a family to care and love this home.
I can only imagine some of you who are so good at restoration and renovations taking on this house.  Like Joan at For The Love Of A House or Mike and Catherine in A Country Farmhouse or Andrea and Justis in Keeping It Cozy.
When your lucky enough to have your own place, your home, love it with all your heart.

1 comments :

Brenda said...

That is a lovely old home. I hope someone rescues it before it is too late.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...