If you have some time, pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee, get comfortable and enjoy my blog. It might be fun, and if you can please feel free to leave a comment, I really appreciate your thoughts. Also make sure you check out some of the blogs I follow. Truly inspiring.
(Photos above are courtesy of Pinterest)


Sunday, March 9, 2014

Our Final Mother Son Dance . . . Senior Year

Here I am with my youngest who is a senior last night getting ready to leave for our final Mother Son dance.  I have gone through 8 of them.  Four with my oldest and now the final one with my youngest.  Funny, it feels like only yesterday when I was running after him in the mall as he loved to dart away from me as fast as he could laughing the entire way.  And here I am 18 years later getting ready to watch him dart off again, this time I won't be able to run after him.  I am so blessed.  I have experienced these 8 wonderful nights where I have danced with my sons until my feet ached and my stomach from laughing so hard.  
I am thankful. . . 
Thankful for another night spent dancing and laughing and enjoying being with my son.  It is one of the   gifts in life that I shall treasure for as long as I shall live. 










5 comments:

Brenda said...

That is one handsome young man and one beautiful young mom!

Patricia said...

This post brings tears to my eyes....My youngest son is a Junior in High School - I'm already dreading that last day when he is a senior in high school....not looking forward to the empty nest ! Thanks for sharing your beautiful photo and memories...!

Nella Miller said...

Dear Lee, brings back memories...you look beautiful, and he is so handsome...N.xoxo

Ramon Valdez said...

Lisa you looked beautiful, and your don is all grown up, I love the collage of pictures, great trip down memorie Lane.
Ramon
Rowhouseblog.com

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Oh, they just grow up too fast! Beautiful pictures though. Your sons must be very proud to have you for their Momma. ~ Dori ~