3.29.2014

The Pine Dresser

Today we traveled an hour in the pouring rain to pick up the pine dresser we got from Ebay.  A charming woman greeted us.  She told me she had it for 30 years.  It sill was in good condition.  
I fell in love with it immediately.
I quickly came home and positioned it in my formal living room, a spot that seemed to have been missing that very piece all along.  
Funny how we stumble across certain things that feel like the perfect fit once we place them in their spot.
The color is a warm vibrant honey that pulls out the honey colors in my floor and all the white in the room.  This is the same room that I am putting the newly reupolstered sofa.

Here is a close up shot of the piece.  I paired it with an antique alabaster lamp.  I have two, one in my bedroom and I put this one here.  I love how the white pops.  
The painting above was a print I pulled out of one of my books.
I found this simple washed wood frame and used a white matte.  I wanted to use the colors to match a few accents in the room.

 I am so pleased with this piece.  It is even prettier than it looked on ebay.  When my husband lifted it out from the car a silver dollar fell out from underneath.  The date 1965, the year I was born.
Hmmmm. . .
Inside I placed all my antique white and cream crocheted and lacey tablecloths.  I thought that's what it should hold.  I didn't want to pile the drawers with heavy things since it was an antique piece.  I loved that when I open the drawers I can see all my favorite antique tablecloths. Now they have their own place, as the dresser.  
Next look at this living room when my sofa returns.  

7 comments :

Little Bitty Damn Houze said...

Lovely!

Keeping It Cozy said...

What a beautiful piece and it looks just perfect there!

Windlost said...

What a charming find. I love it. And what serendipity to find the silver dollar with your year on it. That's got to have some good karma for you. I am loving these honey and butterscotchy tones right now. Don't know if they are "in" but I'm falling back in love with them. Love love love.

Terri xo

Catherine said...

Beautiful!

Lisa said...

Thank you ladies. I love it so. I am happy it has a new home with me. I will cherish it always

Brenda said...

It is the perfect piece for that spot! Love the silver dollar story.

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Looks like the perfect cozy spot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...