5.21.2014

A Few Adjustments

So I knew something was missing from the guest room.  So I added a few accessories.
Let me know what you think. So I was looking on line for a little antique bench, even went to my favorite antique places and nothing.  So I found this at Homegoods.  It was originally cream I painted it in white.  The one I wanted on etsy was lovely and it had a wooden top and very rustic and primitive looking and had white legs but it was 120 plus shipping.  This one was 59 dollars and I wanted to paint the top darker wood but I bought the wrong spray paint so I painted the top white too.  It works, I might decide to do the top darker later on but for now I'm good.
My friend KC who has the same bed (remember I did a post on her gorgeous home) told me I needed a bed skirt.  So I bought this one in Target from Shabby Chic collection.  Simple cotton ruffle.I know it drags a bit but I don't mind it.  
While I was there purchased these shabby chic balloon valences.  I love them. 



And finally I had kitchen towels that I love that look like grainsack towels.  
I took two and cut them to size and sewed my little pillow.  I am not a seamstress and have never sewn anything major but I do like making little pillows here and there.
I think the room is much better now with the few adjustments I made.

Thanks to KC my sweetest and most talented friend.  
xoxo
Lisa




1 comments :

Catherine said...

Wonderful! You are so creative making that pillow - and fixing up the bench! What a wonderful room for your guests. xoxoCatherine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...