6.20.2014

An Amish Touch


I have posted about my kitchen many times on this blog.  It is my favorite room in the house.  (Don't tell the other rooms.) But for years our ceiling has given us alot of trouble.  It you look up and see the seems, since the ceiling is pitched it is divided in triangular parts.  Each year due to the weather and the expanding and contracting of the ceiling, the seems continue to crack through.  We have had it fixed 9 times.
So I had an idea and had my good friends over in Lancaster (my amish friends) come and help us out.
This was the result.  I love it.




I think that we solved the problem very nicely and when my new counter comes in and farmhouse sink and new faucet, it will all come together.  
My new counter will only be for the island.   I selected a lovely white quartz.  I think it will bring out the white more in the kitchen.  I will take photos and post once it is done.  
Hope you are enjoying your summer.  
Peace, Love & Joy

6 comments :

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Your new beams look very nice, and really define the space. Looking forward to seeing everything together. Happy Sunday!

Catherine said...

Beautiful, well done!

Marilyn said...

What a gorgeous room and view! The beams are the frosting on the cake.

Marilyn (in Dallas)

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Lisa, It's PERFECT!!!!! I absolutely love it. Amazing how different it makes the room look isn't it? And I love your kitchen too - think it would be my favorite room in the house also! - Dori -

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

White Lace and Promises said...

I'm glad to see the inside. I found you through the Spotlight and so I'm really being noisy. This kitchen is great! I love all the windows with light!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...